1. Can Weather King construct a building on-site?
Not Currently, all buildings are delivered fully assembled.
2. Are all of your buildings available for rent to own.
Yes, They are. Remember there is no credit check. You only need two credit references with their phone numbers plus a copy of a valid driver license.
3. Can buildings be customized beyond the standard options?
We encourage you to tell us what your request are and we will try our best to please you.
4. Will Weather King do a site inspection if requested?
We certainly can and will be glad to assist you in making a proper decision on your building selection.
5. Is a building foundation a requirement?
All that is required is a flat area to place the building. If there is an existing concrete pad or foundation that can be utilized also.
6. What amount of lead time is required when ordering?
Normally 2 weeks is required but we also will give your order rush status and then you will receive it sooner.
7. Tell me about the installation, what will you do?
We simply deliver the building to your address move it to its required position and level the building with treated wood shims. An alternative method is to use concrete blocks to support the building. Note that the customer provide the blocks. The blocks should be placed every four feet around the perimeter of the building. All obstacles need to be removed, that would interfere with the instillation. Some of these could be tree limbs,pipes,decorative stones, clotheslines etc.
8. Is metal the only roofing material offered?
Yes, metal is the only roofing option. You do have three color choices red, green or white.
9. Is there a delivery charge for the buildings?
Delivery is free with-in a 50 mile radius of the store. Greater then 50 miles radius, cost $3 per loaded mile. Check with the salesman about any additional mileage charges when you purchase the building.
10. Tell us about the warranty on your Weather King buildings?
The warranty is 3 years on materials and workmanship. 30 years manufacturers warranty on the siding.
11. Is the building move-able after the initial installation?
They certainly can be removed. We will be happy to quote you a price on a case by case basis.
12. How about anchoring the buildings?
Normally they do not need to be anchored. Although that would be determined by local codes.
13. Will your company remove any unwanted buildings from my place?
Our transport installers are not setup to remove buildings or haul debris of any sort.
14. Are permits required in Yuma County?
The customer is responsible for checking with local authorities about building permits, doing conventional searches, and home owners associations requirements?
15. How strong is the floor in my new building?
The floors are structurally designed and approved. Storage building floor joists are on 16 inch centers. Garage floors are built on 12 inch centers.
16. What are the side to side distance requirements for moving the building to my property?
A good rule of thumb would be to allow 2 feet wider then the building you are purchasing. Any closer clearances would require the purchaser to sign off before we move the building into your property. Tight fits require more time and could require some financial charges. Talk to the salesman about your gate size, he will likely want to do a site inspection. The alternative is to lift the building onto your property. This is a proven method to handle some tough installations. The customer would have to pay the crane company for this service.
17. Is there ever a possibility that the building will settle and what will be done to correct that?
Weather king is not responsible for re-leveling your building should this occur. The corners of the building can easily be lifted with a jack and the problem can be corrected.
18. Does the installer remove and replace obstacles to getting the building moved in?
No. Any necessary removal and replacement is the homeowners responsibility.
19. Are ramps supplied for my building?
No, there are so many different sizes and options that it would be difficult to create the right ones. So, therefore we do not sell ramps.
20. Is the listed building size measurements inside or outside?
We are limited by regulations as to how wide a building we can deliver, therefore the 12' wide buildings is only 11'6" inside. The 8' and 10' buildings are measured from wall to wall.
21. Can I get a painted building instead of the standard stained siding?
You may purchase your building without stain and sealer. However, the price is the same. We do not paint buildings, but you may paint them yourselves as to your choice of color.
22. What type of maintenance does my building require?
The building should be re-stained every two years. Our dealership can supply the exact stain sealer that was originally used.
23. If your buildings have warranty for 3 years, how do I get mine fixed?
Call the salesman at 928-503-3226. They will email or fax you a form to request repair. The repair will be scheduled and a kind gentleman will assist you.
24. Do you offer Saturday deliveries?
We prefer not to deliver on Saturday's. If there is no week day that will work for you, please talk to us and we will arrange a special delivery. There will be an extra charge for this service.
Our Portable Buildings can be manufacture to suit your needs and requirements. Our products are sold
on location or via the Internet. Please contact us with any questions concerning any of our services or
products offered by Portable Building Ideas, Thank You